Saturday, July 17, 2010

A ride on GCE


Finally managed to find a weekend to join the BJ (Bukit Jelutong) cyclist on their regular saturday ride on GCE.

This is the 4th or 5th time that I ride with the clipless. I am still very fearful of it and constant worry about falling over. Heard from a commentator during the broadcast of TdF yesterday that a TdF winner fell over the other day on a training ride.

That did not make it less worrying, it actually make it worst. That actually tell me that I will never get used to it.

Back to the ride, it was enjoyable, riding among the high end bikes with expensive groupset and the wheels. I tried to take it easy and just enjoy the ride. First few KM was tough because of the cold muscle, but it got better after that.

Overall a nice ride, safe because it was on bike lane most of the time and no drain cover like those in Kesas. I still slow down a lot when going into the tunnel. The fear will never leave me, I supposed.

I will definitely join this guys for saturday ride in the future.

Total distance is about 32KM.

No comments: