This is cool. A lot of tips and suggestion.
From Pez. Summary below, in detail, click the link.
1. Go slow
2. The right gearing (make sure you have gear to shift to in emergency, don't stay in smallest COGS)
3. Gear gain game
4. Down shift and stand (protect the family jewels)
5. Ride with weaker rider
6. Hand position game
7. Know the plan (know the terrain)
8. Bonking is ok (get down and push to the top, never turn back)
9. Practice makes pretty good
10. Get thin
Tip #10 is just for me. :) All are good advice.