Friday, May 8, 2009
Happy Wesak Day
In celebration of Wesak day tomorrow (9/May/2009). Will like to share with all the viewer on my blog (all 2 of you) the teaching of Buddha.
To avoid all evil,
to cultivate good,
and to purify one's mind -
this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
Simple, isn't it?
The four noble truth of buddhhism
1. Life means suffering
2. The origin of suffering is attachment
3. The cessation of suffering is attainable
4. The path to the cessation of suffering
What is the path to the cessation of suffering, you asked?
The noble eightfold path
1. Right view
2. Right intention
3. Right speech
4. Right action
5. Right livelihood
6. Right effort
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right concentration
Are there rules to follow? Well, Buddhism has the five precepts for layman
1. No harming of living being
2. Not taking things that is freely given
3. No sexual misconduct
4. No false speech
5. Not taking intoxicating drinks and drugs that cause headlessness
It is so simple and logical.
May you all be well and happy always.