Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday Pizza lunch
Went to Chef Enzo Dente class for pizza making at the cooking house couple of weeks ago. Need practice. Refer to the previous blog on the class.
Made the dough and the sauce with Chef Enzo's recipe, except I can't find the blue key flour and diamond flour. Also I did not use the live yeast, use the instant yeast instead. Sorry chef.
The sauce turn out a little wet compare to Chef's.
1kg All purpose flour
0.5 lit cold water
15ml olive oil
pinch of salt and sugar
50g of yeast
1. Dissolve yeast in water
2. Combine all ingredient and knead until dough is smooth, about 20 minutes with hand
3. Cover dough with cling firm and leave it at warm place. Proof for 45 mintues
4. Punch out the dough and let it proof again
5. Dough ready
1 tin of tomato
Handful of fresh basil and italian parsley (flat leaf parsley)
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of oregano
I made Calzone with roasted chicken and pineappe and portebello mushroom pizza. 1KG of flour can made about 4 calzone and 4 9" pizza.
The guests can't wait for picture taking, no picture for calzone, but managed top get picture for the pizzas.
How to do it better?
1. Get a better and hotter oven. My convection oven can only go up to 250C. Not hot enough.
2. Need to improve the dough making.
3. Get the right flour
4. Find live yeast
5. Get the pizza pan from Chef.
Overall, it was nice. The guest like the pizza and Calzone (guys, that was not curry puff, please!!!).
Will definitely make it again.