Was lazing around last night in front of the TV watching AFC, Naked Chef was on, Jamie was cooking for his "Future" mother in law. The Pasta with clams looks good. This morning, went down to SS15 market, hunt down the clams and some groceries for the week.
Here was where I got the recipe. I used fettuccine instead of linguine, ran out. And used local pork bacon instead of the italian one. No white wine at home, replaced it with ikan bilis broth. Didn't put chili, Megan is eating.
1 lb. dried good quality linguine pasta
4 rashers pancetta, sliced, thinly or dry-curled smoked bacon
1 x large clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 dried red chili, crumbled
1 1/2 lb. clam
2 x 5 oz white wine
handful chopped parsley, leaves
salt, and, freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook your linguine in salted boiling water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, get a pan hot and add a couple of good lugs (tablespoons) of olive oil and the pancetta.
3. Fry until golden, then add the garlic and chilies.
4. Soften them slightly and add the clams.
5. Stir, then add the white wine.
6. Put a lid on the pan and cook for a further couple of minutes until all the clams have opened discard any that remain closed.
7. Remove from the heat and add the drained linguine.
8. Stir in the parsley, correct the seasoning and serve with all the cooking juices.