Monday, July 27, 2009
Quick dinner fix
Got home from office at almost 6pm.
Planned to go to gym for 7pm RPM class. Searched the pantry, I have some leftover heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, some potato, which gave me an idea to make potato gratin. Get the stuff ready, pop into the oven and went to th gym.
Surprisingly, the RPM class was full (all 31 spinners). Stephanie was the replacement instructor, it was CK's class. I was easy on myself, since this was the first class since the operation. Everything is well.
4 medium size potato (sliced thinly)
1 cup of heavy cream
2 garlic (chopped finely)
salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of italian mixed herbs
1. Sliced thinly the potato (without skin) and put in a oven proof bowl (I used Corning ware)
2. chopped Garlic and add to the bowl together with salt and pepper
3. Pour the cream into the bowl and add a handful of shredded cheese
4. mixed well (with hand or spoon)
5. Top with another handful of shredded cheese and some butter
6. Put in a pre-heated oven (210C) for 35 minutes (30 minutes with cover on)
7. Garnish with parsley and served.
Megan love it. It will be nice to serve with garden salad. Also maybe some bread crumb on top will be nice.
Picture of the gratin was not from me. Borrowed from here, a very nice food blog called "Living in the kitchen with puppies", Thanks Natashya.