Monday, June 22, 2009

Mistake to avoid in Management


This is interesting.

Asked myself the question, do I have any of the following?
  1. Lack energy and enthusiasm
  2. Accept their own mediocre performance
  3. Lack clear vision and direction
  4. Have poor judgment
  5. Don't collaborate
Important question to ask myself, if answer yes to one of the behaviour, what could I do to reconnect to the purpose of my work?

Try to find one of the following and do it, with the help of the managers or colleague.
  1. Paces himself/herself by building in regular breaks from work.
  2. Manages workload so that he/she has time for unexpected problems or issues.
  3. Spends less time using his/her functional skills and more time encouraging team members to use theirs.
  4. Regularly takes time to step back and define or redefine what needs to be done.
  5. Focuses less on day to day operations and more on identifying and taking advantage of strategic opportunities. 
From here.

No comments: