Since PW said that this pasta is all she needs in life. I told myself I got to try this.
Missing some ingredient, fresh basil (yeah, yeah, garden project not started) and Parmesan cheese. But still good.
The original recipe was from here.
Pasta with Eggplant
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 medium eggplants
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 1-lb package fusilli
salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Slice eggplant into round slices. Sprinkle one side with salt and allow to stand or 15 minutes. Turn over and repeat. Rinse eggplant and pat dry.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic until starting to turn color, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, stirring gently. Cook for 8 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
- Dump in canned tomatoes and reduce heat to simmer. Add salt and pepper and simmer until eggplant is tender. Toss in cooked pasta and chopped basil. Stir in 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
It was pretty good, maybe cook the eggplant a little longer and have Parmesan cheese on top.
The grilled chicken breast came out dry. Not good.
Megan finish what was in her bowl and ask for second. I think she is Italian.